Saturday 10 November 2012

Jerry, Zev, and Gordon

Written from: Bern.

Please, step into my office.

The secretary will bring you some coffee if you’d like. She’s new and brutally attractive.

That’s right! We have rearranged the place but all of the decor is exactly the same as it’s always been. Everywhere. In every country that my office exists.

Please excuse me for a moment; I have some classes to teach.

---

No matter where I am, there is always a sense of consistency thanks to Jerry, Zev, Gordon, and their wonderful creation: Starbucks! Everyone wants to hate on Starbucks because it’s an evil company or some stuff that is probably spoken from ignorance, but this is my office and it’s always the same. Whether I’m looking out the window at Argentina, Italy, Switzerland, Fountain Valley, the inside is always the same.

And today is a day when I feel totally and completely content with my life. Today is also my last working day of my current trip before I make my way home for the holidays. And I’m in Bern! Someday I may come back here for a specific souvenir (a wife).


Jerry, Zev, Gordon...I owe you.


Blog #12. 27th Day, 28th Year. Complete.


Retrospection:

Dear God, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment