Thursday 17 November 2011

Fun with Translation

Written from: Merenschwand

While watching MTV in Switzerland (which was in English but with German subtitles) with a friend, this happened:

English Spoken Words: “…urban sound…”
German Written Subtitle: “…Black Musik…”

In a world unbound by the shackles of being Politically Correct, they write what we all think.

Blog #9. 35th Day, 28th Year. Complete.

Retrospection: The elections were happening while I was in Switzerland. One party in particular, the UDC, had some of the best political posters I’ve ever seen (all of which would never be allowed in a regular newspaper). Here’s my favorite:




The caption is warning Swiss people to protect themselves from European infection…and the other 999 words that go with it.

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about your travels and all the shit you get yourself into. It makes me want to bust out of my shell more.

    ReplyDelete